Sunday, February 23, 2014

White board paint

White Board Paint from Home Depot
After reading other reviews and talking to my friend, I decided to paint a base coat of a paint I had in the house.  I was worried that I wouldn't have enough white board paint to coat the magnetic paint solid.   
1st coat there is no smell at all and the paint is very thin.  I bought a real nice 9in roller from Sherwin Williams and a small 3in sponge roller. They told me to use the little roller for a smoother finish. But I didn't want it to take all after noon to paint since I only had an hour from when I mixed the 2 components.  The big roller worked perfect!  I used the small roller at one point but I felt if left lines. 

2nd coat! I'm so glad I painted that layer of tan down.   I think the color would not have been this solid if I didn't.

 3rd coat real shiny!
Here it is complete!  You can see where the paint went under the tape so make sure you press it down pretty good.  Easy fix though.  I think I might paint a tree around the edge with a wood grain texture!
Now we have to wait 3 days before we can play on it.
Over all it was pretty easy. I am not a professional painter and did a lot of things wrong but I think I turned out pretty nice.  I'm excited to give it a boarder to cover up where the paint bled under the tape. 
If you have any questions feel free to comment below.

0 comments:

Post a Comment