Monday, July 28, 2014

Reflections 2014 showing growth in Ceramics

 My large lidded jar and my teapot are the two pieces that show my growth the most. At the beginning of the semester i wasn't able to bring up my cup above 4 inches, and now i can get it up to about 8-9 inches. Also I had no clue on how to create a lid, but now i can do it successfully. The jar was also my favorite project to do because i love bringing things up and smoothing them out. My teapot final also shows my growth because before i never used to add anything to any of my projects and with this I added a large tree. Also it taught me how to make a different type of lid. When i glazed it I had to get in all the tiny places which also helped me get better. The teapot made me struggle a little bit too because i had to figure out how to do a spout. Overall my teapot and jars showed my growth the most.- Avery












0 comments:

Post a Comment